Founded in 2001, ActivTrades is one of the oldest retail forex brokers in the market today. The ActivTrades brand is owned and operated by ActivTrades PLC, an organization which has registered offices in the United Kingdom and Dubai.
ActivTrades provides a proprietary platform as well as a turnkey platform for the trading operations of its clients.
ActivTrader is the proprietary trading platform designed in-house by the company’s programmers. ActivTrader is an all-in-one trading platform which features more than 90 indicators and also an interactive charting package courtesy of TradingView. This platform also has a mobile version which is available for iOS device users only. Traders can trade currencies, indices, energy assets and spot metals on the ActivTrader.
ActivTrades clients are also provided with the MT4 and MT5 platforms. These platforms are very popular as they are simple to use and easy to navigate. They also come with an assortment of technical indicators and a great charting interface. These platforms also come in the form of mobile apps which can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play store.
ActivTrades gives its traders the opportunity to trade hundreds of assets across several asset classes as follows:
- Currencies: Trade the major, minor and exotic currencies on ActivTrades.
- Spread betting: All the asset classes can be traded on the basis of spread bets.
- Indices and Financials: Stock indices and bonds (fixed income securities) are traded on ActivTrades. Examples of assets in this class are EuroStoxx (Euro50), DAX (Ger30), Nikkei average (JPN225) and S&P500 (US500). Bonds traded include US Treasuries (USATB), Eurobonds (EuBUND), EUBBL and EUSTZ.
- Cryptocurrencies: Ether, Litecoin, Bitcoin and Ripple can be traded as CFDs. These cryptocurrencies are paired with the USD as follows: ETH/USD, XRP/USD, BTC/USD and LTC/USD.
Deposit and Withdrawals
How can traders on ActivTrades perform deposits and withdrawals on their accounts? Here is the information package that details the processes involved.
The deposit/withdrawal methods include the following:
- Bank transfer (SWIFT and SEPA).
- Credit/debit cards (VISA, VISA Electron, MasterCard and Maestro).
- Digital wallets such as Skrill, Neteller and Sofort.
Deposit Fees & Timeframes
|Deposit Type||Charges||Standard Timeframe|
|Bank transfer||Free||Same working day|
|UK card , Neteller , Skrill , Sofort||Free||30 minutes|
|Debit card – Europe||0.25%||30 minutes|
|Credit card – UK and EU||0.75%||30 minutes|
|Credit / debit card – Non UK, non EU||1.50%||30 minutes|
Withdrawal Fees & Timeframes
|Withdrawal Type||Charges||Standard Timeframe|
|Bank transfer (SEPA, UK faster payment, CHF, BGN)||Free||Same day if request by 12:30 (UK Time Zone)|
|Debit card / credit card , Neteller , Skrill||Free|
|Bank transfer (non-SEPA, CHAPS)||15€ / 15£|
|Bank Transfer (USD)||12.50$|
|ActivTrades Prepaid MasterCard||Free|
Help and Support
Users and prospects that visit ActivTrades for various purposes can contact the support desk using several channels of communication. These are listed below for your benefit.
- Live chat. Live chat is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week for direct communication and speedy resolution of issues. The Live Chat button is available on ActivTrades’s web pages.
- Phone: There are two phone lines for communication. These are +44 (0) 207 6500 500 and +44 (0) 207 6500 567.
- Email: Email support is available from ActivTrades using three dedicated email addresses. These are [email protected] (support), [email protected] (sales) and [email protected] (Institutional Desk).
- You can also get instant remote support using the LogMeIn Rescue button. This is a remote solution which gives users access to remote support, and works on all devices including Mac computers and Windows devices.
Security and Fairness
In keeping with regulatory requirements, ActivTrades is regulated in the UK and also in Dubai. ActivTrades PLC is licensed and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom with registration number 434413. In the UK, the brand is registered as ActivTrades PLC.
ActivTrades PLC is also the operational name of the company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Here, the company is licensed and regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority under Firm’s reference no. F003511.
As a participant in the UK market as a brokerage house, ActivTrades is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and also keeps all clients’ funds in segregated accounts.
What are the advantages and pros that users can expect to get as benefits of using ActivTrades for their trading activities? Here are some of them.
- Access to both desktop and mobile trading platforms is guaranteed.
- ActivTrades is a regulated broker, with licensing provided by two of the strongest regulatory agencies. This confers massive user protection on the user.
- Traders can be assured of availability of customer support 24 hours a day, five days a week.
- The featured trading platforms come with a variety of powerful trading tools such as the SmartOrder, SmartLines, SmartTemplate and SmartPattern.
- All platforms come with advanced charting.
- Availability of demo accounts.
- All traders with ActivTrades are assured of consumer protection through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
- Plenty of educational videos which can teach new traders the fundamentals of FX trading.
- Enhanced segregation of clients’ funds.
- Traders can trade cryptocurrency CFDs.
Despite the benefits seen above, traders on ActivTrades may witness a few pitfalls as follows:
- ActivTrades is a market maker, so trades will experience some slippage as well as few instances of requotes.
- Many withdrawal options on ActivTrades are not globally available.
- The company’s customer service is not available around the clock.
ActivTrades is a solid retail brokerage which has in over 15 years done quite a lot to improve its brand placement in the market. It attends to clients in many parts of the world and is one of the few brokers that has a presence in the Middle East, attending to clients from the MENA countries using its office in Dubai.
There is very little to complain about ActivTrades. The brand is doing well and traders are enjoined to trade whatever asset class is featured on this broker’s platforms with peace of mind, knowing that their funds are protected.