ANZ Share Investing Review
- Regulated Broker under ASIC As a financial services provider under the jurisdiction of ASIC, you can rest assured that ANZ Share Investing will treat you in a professional and ethical manner.
- Wide Range of Products ANZ Share Investing not only offer trading in equities but also various other financial instrument s such as indices, ETFs and warrants.
- Cover Australian and International Markets The markets covered by ANZ Share Investing not only include the Australian financial markets but also international markets such as the New York Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Singapore Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
- User Friendly Platforms The trading platforms provided by ANZ Share Investing are both highly efficient and user friendly.
- Limited Support Hours The support services are only available during the weekdays from 8am to 8pm.
- No Live Chat Support While telephone support is available at ANZ Share Investing, it is considerably more expensive than live chat.
- Currency trading not supported Currency trading service is not available
Formerly known as “E*TRADE Australia”, ANZ Share Investing is an online trading platform that is part of ANZ, one of Australia’s leading banks. The platform was originally established in 1998 when online trading was still in its infancy. Today, ANZ Share Investing is able to offer its clients a wide range of services and products. Through ANZ Share Investing, it is possible to trade in equities, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), options, IPOs, managed funds and warrants.
In addition to being able to trade in a wide range of financial instruments, ANZ Share Investing also offers its clients the benefit of dealing with a trading platform that is backed by the one of the “big four” banks in Australia. Apart from having a secured trading platform to trade the financial markets with, through ANZ Share Investing, you will also be able to access quality market research and recommendations made by leading market analysts such as Morningstar. But most important of all, ANZ Share Investing allow you to trade the markets competitively with its low commission rates. Plus the more trades that a trader makes, the cheaper will be the cost of each trade.
For trading access, ANZ Share Investing has provided two types of trading platforms to its clients.
The first type of trading platform is the desktop based PRO platform that was designed in-house. The trading platform offers seamless integration with the ANZ Sharing Investing account and offers features such as:
- Advanced charting with 10 integrated technical indicators
- Customizable interface
- Direct login from Windows Desktop
- Live price feeds to enable you to capitalize on any trading opportunities quickly
- Real Time Market News to keep you constantly updated
- Support price, news and volume alerts
- Trade in a wide range of instruments such as Equities, ETFs, Warrants and Options
The second trading platform offered by ANZ Share Investing is the IRESS Trader. The IRESS Trader is a web based trading platform that has been developed by IRESS, one of Australia leading provider of online trading solutions. Features of the IRESS Trader include the following:
- Ability to trade in Equities, ETF and Warrants
- Advanced interactive charts
- Built-in technical indicators
- Customizable trading interface
- Live Pricings
- Real Time News
- Support alerts
With an ANZ Share Investing account, you can trade in a variety of markets such the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and the Chi-X Australia Indexes. You can also trade in international stocks which are listed on the following exchanges:
- For U.S, the NYSE, NYSE Amex Equities and NASDAQ
- In Asia, the SGX and the HKSE
- In Canada, the TSX and the TSX Ventures Exchange
- In Europe, the AMS, BRU, PAR and LSE
For ETFs, ANZ Share Investing‘s clients can also invest in ANZ ETFs, BlackRock, Vanguard Investments ETFs and State Street Global Advisors. Other markets with ANZ Share Investing’s clients can participate in include managed funds (Australian and international), options (S&P, ASX), warrants and IPOs.
The customer support services at ANZ Sharing Investing can be accessed by Fax, Mail, email or telephone. Depending on the kind of support required, the support representatives are available from 8am to 8pm (AEST) Monday to Friday. Apart from English, the customer support services are also available in Cantonese and Mandarin. Other areas of support provided by ANZ Share Investing include a comprehensive educational help centre where traders can access video demonstrations and articles showing how to trade the different instruments.
Security and Fairness
In terms of security, ANZ Share Investing is regulated by the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC). As a regulated entity of ASIC, ANZ Share Investing operates within the strict regulatory requirements imposed by ASIC. This mean ANZ Share Investing is required by law to operate with transparency and ethically.