AvaTrade is a multi-asset forex brokerage which was founded in 2006 in Dublin, Ireland. Since then, the company has grown and spread its tentacles across the world with regional offices in UK, Cyprus, Japan, Australia, Nigeria and South Africa. The AvaTrade platform currently boasts of more than 200,000 registered traders, all executing more than 2million trades monthly across several financial asset classes.
AvaTrade provides its users with many resources. These include educational tools and resource materials to equip new traders with as much knowledge as is required to kick start their AvaTrade trading journey. The company has also expanded its asset listing to offer CFD trading on cryptocurrencies, so that traders can benefit from the recent boom in prices of these assets.
So what else can traders on AvaTrade look forward to?
One of the advantages that traders on AvaTrade have is the wide choice of trading platforms that can be used to trade multiple assets. The trading platforms through which traders can trade financial products include the following:
The AvaTradAct software is a customized trading portal which has been developed in-house by the AvaTrade team. This platform has two components: The RoboX and the Mirror Trader. RoboX is an algorithmic trading platform which lets traders copy trades of other traders based on a unique selection of trading style, account capital and risk assessment. With over 1,000,000 strategies to choose from, RoboX is built for the trader that wants customized trade preferences.
The Mirror Trader permits the copying of trades of other more experienced traders. In other words, the Mirror Trader is the copy trading tool which allows for automated trading through the copying of the trades of other traders. This allows passive trading on the part of the copier, and also permits the replication of solid performance of the copied trader(s). The tool still allows for some element of manual control of certain functions of the Mirror Trader. The Mirror Trader features a user-friendly interface, advanced indicators, flexible charts which allow for technical analysis and can be accessed from any location via PC, mobile or web.
Automated Trading Platforms
Several automated trading platforms can be used on AvaTrade. These include the DupliTrade, ZuluTrade, API trading and the MQL5 Signals software.
- API Trading allows traders with their own automated trading systems to plug these using the API tool from AvaTrade to any of the trading platforms for automated execution on the trader’s account.
- DupliTrade is a facility which enables automatic trade copying from traders who operate MT4 floating spreads accounts.
The MT4 platform
AvaTrade also provides its clients with the world-acclaimed MT4 platform, with all the features that this platform has to offer, including but not limited to the ability to use expert advisors and custom indicators. The MT4 is also available as web-based and mobile versions which can be accessed on the various mobile app stores.
Mobile trading on AvaTrade is available for the MT4 as well as the AvaTradeAct platforms. Mobile trading on AvaTrade can be done on Android and iOS devices.
Traders on AvaTrade can trade more than 100 assets across several markets. These markets are:
- CFDs on stocks
- CFDs on commodities
- CFDs on indices
Trader support on the AvaTrade platform is available via email, telephone, or live chat channels. There is also an online contact form through which traders and prospects alike can reach the email desk of the AvaTrade team.
For general inquiries from international locations, the phone support number is +1 2129419609. Other phone numbers are available for country-specific requests.
Security and Fairness
In terms of fairness and security, AvaTrade is at the very top with multiple licensing from various jurisdictions. This gives traders the assurances that come with trading in a regulated environment. AvaTrade is regulated as follows:
- Operating as AvaTrade EU Ltd, the company is regulated in Ireland by the Central Bank of Ireland (Ref. No.: C53877)
- AvaTrade is also regulated in the British Virgin Islands by the Financial Services Commission. Here, the company operates as Ava Trade Ltd
- In Australia, AvaTrade Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd operates with license number 406684, issued by Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- In Japan, the brand operates as Ava Trade Japan K.K. and operates with double licensing from both the Japan Financial Services Commission (JFSC) with license number 1662 and the Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) with license number 1574.
- Ava Capital Markets Pty is the brand’s operational name in South Africa, where licensing and regulation has been provided to the company by the Financial Services Board (FSP No.445984).
What advantages can traders expect to receive by trading forex and other assets on the AvaTrade platforms?
- AvaTrade offers the ability to trade assets from multiple asset classes from one single platform. This gives traders the power of choice and enables them to seek opportunities in other markets where these are scarce in the primary markets traded.
- Traders can benefit from the current wave of cryptocurrency trading opportunities that abound in the market.
- There are multiple trading platforms to choose from – from mobile traders to PC clients and browser-based trading.
- AvaTrade offers a wide range of social trading and copy trading options.
- AvaTrade operates with multiple licenses from various jurisdictions. The company therefore operates legally, giving traders an avenue for recourse if there are problems.
Here are a few cons of trading with AvaTrade:
- The broker operates a dealing desk model, so traders are basically trading against the broker’s dealing desk.
- Prices may experience slippage and re-quotes in fast paced markets.
AvaTrade represents one of the great options out there for traders who prefer to use brokers that offer the dealing desk brokerage model. Its secure platform, robust licensing and great array of trade tools and educational resources, make AvaTrade one of the industry leaders in retail brokerage business.