- Loads of information and features for trading in numerous markets
- Easy to use and sophisticated trading platform
- Excellent customer support and educational resources
- No live chat option
- The ComSecIRESS trading platform is not included for basic accounts and must be paid for monthly
CommSec, also known as Commonwealth Securities is Australia’s leading online trading brokerage that was established by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CommBank) in 1995. CommSec launched their online trading platform in 1997 and has become an industry leading brokerage who provides investors with a wide range of products and services in the domestic and international markets. With over 20 years of experience, CommSec has proved themselves to be a leader in the trading industry and continues to innovate and branch out into new markets. CommSec provides so much value to their customers and is probably the most feature rich trading brokerages we have come across. The online brokerage has everything a trader needs from powerful trading tools to the most powerful cutting-edge research tools to get involved in hundreds of markets both locally and internationally. The platform welcomes and accommodates both beginner and advanced investors with their feature rich and intuitively designed trading services.
CommSec has their very own proprietary trading platform known as ComSecIRESS. The platform is utilized by CommSec clients on a subscription basis where customers can pay for the platform monthly, and highly active traders get the platform service for free. The CommSec trading platform is web-based and is also available on Apple and Android mobile devices through their downloadable mobile apps. The platform is rich with features and has won numerous awards for their intuitive design and feasibility for trading in the markets. See below some of the ComSec IRESS key features and aspects below.
Real Time Data & Quotes
Traders with CommSec can take advantage of the real time market data and price quotes so that they can take advantage and execute on the best opportunities as soon as they arise.
Advanced Charting Tools
The charting tools available to traders are highly advanced yet easily manageable. Experienced traders benefit from the wide range of technical indicators, drawing tools, and historical data.
Fast Execution Speeds
Traders can place trades in an instant with the simple right-click of the mouse from wherever they are on the trading platform. This convenient order placement method allows traders to execute trades as fast as possible to ensure they secure the price they want.
Extensive Market Watch
The CommSec platform has a built-in market news feed complete with alerts and notifications of market changing news and events. This allows traders to more easily spot new investment opportunities and decisions.
Traders can somewhat setup their platform layout to suit their trading style and needs.
CommSec is the leading online trading brokerage in Australia and for good reason. They support trading in numerous markets including domestic and international. See the available markets for traders below:
- As CommSec is an Australian trading brokerage, they offer the trading of Australian shares. Clients of CommSec can invest in companies that are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).
- As well, CommSec supports the trading of international shares by giving traders access to more than 25 international exchanges including the NYSE, NASDAQ, LSE and the TYO.
- CommSec also provides trades with Company Options. This market allows traders to buy more shares into a company at a specific price point. These options can be traded on the ASX and international markets.
- Australian and international Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) can be traded.
- Another market CommSec provides their traders is the Partly Paid Securities market. This market allows traders to pay for only a portion of a security and make further payments over time.
CommSec delivers exceptional support to their clients. Traders have a variety of contact options including telephone support for Australians, internationals, and Cantonese/Mandarin speaking people. Also, contact support is available through email, fax, postal mail, and twitter. Customer support is said to be very quick with their responses and provides informative and professional responses.
As well, in addition to customer support via support representatives, traders can receive an immense amount of information in the support and learn center on their website. Traders have access to helpful tutorials, articles, webinars, and more. Also, CommSec has an extensive FAQ section, market news section, and various advisors to help traders. CommSec support is some of the best support we have seen in an online trading brokerage.
Security and Fairness
With over 20 years of experience, CommSec has proven themselves to be a safe, secure, and reputable trading brokerage. As well, CommSec was established by the Common Bank of Australia which goes to show where this online trading brokerage is coming from in terms of reputation. CommSec is also regulated and authorized by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to provide investment services to their clients. With this regulation and the company’s immense amount of experience in the online financial industry, traders can be sure they are protected and treated fairly.