IC Markets Review
- IC Markets is a regulated company with licensing from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). This ensures transparency in brokerage operations of the company.
- IC Markets offers segregation of clients’ funds, which is a measure of consumer protection in the financial markets.
- IC Markets uses high-grade 256-bit encryption to ensure protection of traders’ account details.
- IC Markets offers some of the fastest trade executions in the market as a result of its fibreoptic backbone access to the world’s trading servers.
- There is a wide choice of trading platforms for the company’s clients.
- A robust customer service department is in place.
- The Australian forex market where IC Markets operates is a closed market, meaning that it is not accessible to all countries.
- The ECN conditions do not apply to users of the MT4/MT5 platforms, despite claims by the company to the contrary.
IC Markets is the brand name of the forex and CFD brokerage firm known as International Capital Markets Pty Ltd. IC Markets operates out of Sydney, Australia and promotes its brand as a true ECN brokerage which offers trade executions and prices from liquidity providers.
IC Markets cites its spreads of 0.0 pips as testament to its true ECN status. IC Markets derives its pricing and liquidity from over 50 different banks, which allows the company to offer some of the most competitive spreads in the market. Trading on ECN platforms is not just about pricing and direct market access to liquidity providers. It is also about speed of executions, as users of ECN platforms are typically large volume traders that desire to have the fastest executions possible on their transactions. IC Markets operates with trade servers in the NY4 & LD5 IBX Equinix Data Centers in London and New York to provide competitive trade execution speeds. These centres come with ultra-low latency, powered by fiber optic cables which connect various providers of Virtual Private Server networks.
IC Markets offers a wide array of trading platforms for its clients. These platforms cover desktop versions, mobile versions and browser-based versions.
The cTrader platform is a turnkey ECN platform designed by Spotware Systems for its broker clients. IC Markets offers the various versions of the cTrader to its clients. The cTrader platform is available in the following formats:
- cTrader Web
- cTrader Desktop
- cTrader mobile (iOS and Android)
- cAlgo: This is the algorithmic programming platform for expert advisors to be used on the cTrader platforms
Both the MT4 and its successor the MT5 are offered by IC Markets. These platforms are also offered as mobile versions for the iOS and Android devices.
EALab Trade View
IC Markets, in partnership with Trade View Investments, has launched the EA Lab + EA Analyser, which is a premium algorithmic building and analysis platform. This platform allows users to construct automated trading models without the need to use any programming language. Any algorithms built can also integrate with MT4. This is a browser-based algo platform with global access.
Owned by Myfxbook, this is the next generation copy trade service which allows traders to copy the trades of systems displayed into an MT4 account. Only the best systems are displayed, which removes the hassle of traders trying to sift out the best from the chaff. Simply connect the MT4 account to Myfxbook, choose a system to copy and activate.
IC Markets offers a variety of assets across several asset classes. Traders on IC Markets can expect to encounter assets traded in the following markets:
- Bond Futures
IC Markets provides a very robust customer service desk which attends to clients in numerous international languages. Being located in Asia means that IC Markets primary clients are from the Asian region, and many of the countries in Asia have their languages represented in the customer support offering. Traders who use the IC Markets trading platform can reach the customer support team through the following methods:
- Phone: +61 (0)2 8014 4280
- Contact Form. IC Markets has in place an online contact form intended to help them understand what their clients think about their services.
- Address: Level 6 309 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- Email: Email contacts are decentralized. Here are the email addresses available on IC Markets:
Security and Fairness
The IC Markets brand operates out of Australia. The company is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), with Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) Number 335692. Furthermore, the company segregates all clients’ funds with the National Australian Bank (NAB) and Westpac, two of Australia’s foremost banks. This ensures fairness and security of the trading operations carried out by clients on the platforms of IC Markets. ASIC is one of the toughest and most stringent regulators of the financial markets in the world. Any company deemed in good standing by this regulator is certainly worthy of operating in the forex market.
IC Markets offers a good mix of retail and institutional trading conditions, which gives its clients the power of choice. Operating with a license in a well-regulated environment gives a great deal of consumer protection. IC Markets is indeed one of the emerging forces of today’s forex market.